Who We Are
Augusta Partnership for Children, Inc. (APC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit collaborative that responds to the ever-changing needs of the community and partners with agencies and organizations representing: Business, Government, Education, Healthcare, Faith-based, Social services and other private citizens to address these needs.
It is one of 159 networks of community organizations/agencies designated by the state of Georgia to focus on children. This network is known as the Georgia Family Connection Partnership and focuses on five result areas:
- Healthy Children
- Children Primed for School
- Children Succeeding in School
- Stable, Self-Sufficient, and Productive Families
- Thriving Communities
What We Do
Utilize the collective impact framework to foster alignment of community systems to ensure that: children are healthy; primed for and succeeding in school; families are stable, self-sufficient, productive and the community is thriving.
How We Do It
APC, Inc. serves as a catalyst for aligning community service systems and supports by facilitating: alignment across systems; collaboration among all sectors of the community to address complex health and social issues impacting children and their families and the development and execution of a comprehensive plan to address key indicators of community health.
- Actively reaching out into the community to identify persons most in need
- Making appropriate referrals
- Conducting follow-up to ensure clients are obtaining needed support
- Coordinating needed services through client assessment, monitoring, facilitation, and follow-up on utilization of needed services
- Coordinating services from multiple providers to meet each family's individual needs
Focusing on the power of collaboration, partnerships are formed to provide guidance and services to children and families in need. Partnerships are formed with the following groups:
- Community leaders
- Consumers and families
- Clinical and social service providers
- Public and private sector organizations
Coordinating Community & Parent Education Programs
- Keeping the community aware of issues and useful information
- Training (job skills)
- Ensuring parent education
- Building the capacity of organizations to administer programs effectively
The Augusta Partnership for Children, Inc. brings consumers and organizations together to make decisions locally about what works best in terms of addressing the needs of children and families in our community. Together, these individuals and organizations make up a consortium that is comprised of a Board of Trustees and Collaborative Partners.