We define giving in a number of different ways. Not only is there monetary giving, but giving of one's time, donation of items, sponsorships, and the list goes on.
By giving monetarily, your dollars will be used to:
- Purchase supplies for general administration of the APC, its initiatives and youth programs.
- Secure space and security for community/special events.
- Provide needed baby items (diapers, milk, formula, etc.) to mothers in crisis.
- Provide enrichment field trips to colleges and cultural events, centers, etc. for youth.
- Provide the opportunity for youth and consumers of services to attend conferences and training by assisting with the cost associated with travel, accommodations and registration fees.
- Develop marketing materials to increase awareness about the APC and initiatives.
- Sponsor one of our Family Nights or community events by providing dollars for educational materials, incentives, food and supplies.
Giving of Time by Volunteering
By giving of your time, we are able to touch the lives of more individuals in need. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Assistance with afterschool and/or summer programs, or special event.
- Adopt and mentor a young family.
- Adopt a program and offer volunteers, the use of facilities, financial support and other resources.
- Teach an adult or child how to use a computer.
- Provide job skills training to adults.
- Provide corporate consulting to help assess and improve the APC's business operations.
- Provide business training to the APC staff in the areas of technology and multi-media, accounting, data/statistics, career development, and public relations.
Giving by Donations
By giving in the form of donations, we can meet the needs of the families and youth that we serve and provide materials, incentives, food, beverages, and more.
- Provide space for parenting, family support and health education programs.
- Provide meeting space for consortium meetings.
- Provide in-kind support such as bulk copying, mailing and printing.
- Provide food and beverages for family night activities, youth programs, community meetings, and special events.
- Provide items that support early childhood development such as toddler equipment and toys.
- Donate children's books or subscriptions to parenting magazines.
- Donate clothing and furniture.
- Donate baby supplies such as disposable diapers, bottles, bibs, etc.
- Place a link on your web site to our web site.
- Place an advertisement or spotlight our organization in your newsletter.
- Ask us to speak to your employees or special groups about our organization.
- Provide in-kind services to develop public service announcements, as well as air time.
To make a donation, volunteer or provide an in-kind service, contact Monica Howard at 706-721-1867 or email@example.com.